All information maintained by the library relative to a borrower’s name, address and materials borrowed is considered confidential. [See Public Records Policy]
- Loan Terms
The library follows the standard loan terms and renewal restrictions adopted by the Evergreen Indiana Consortium, which fosters the greatest use by the greatest number of people.
- Types of Card Holders
- Resident: An individual who lives in the taxing district as a permanent resident or who can show proof of ownership of real estate in the taxing district.
- Evergreen: An individual whose home library is a member of the Evergreen Indiana consortium and has the borrowing privileges associated with same.
- Public Library Access Card (PLAC): A non-resident who holds a resident or non-resident card from another Indiana public library and a PLAC.
- Teacher: A teacher who resides outside the library’s tax district but is employed on a regular basis by the Eastbrook Community Schools is afforded ‘reciprocal borrower’ privileges at no charge while so employed. Proof of employment is required.
- Student: A student who resides outside the library’s tax district but attends the Eastbrook Community Schools is afforded ‘reciprocal borrower’ privileges at no charge while so enrolled. Proof of enrollment is required.
- Temporary: An individual temporarily residing in the tax district seven (7) to ninety (90) days must have their host countersign a registration application. If not residing with a host, the countersignature of the temporary employer is required.
- Non-resident: Any potential borrower who does not fall under one of the above categories. This borrower will be charged the Non-Resident Fee which is determined annually by the Board.
- Other Users
- Guest Computer User: No card is required but person must sign Acceptable Use Policy when logging on to a public computer.
- Unregistered User: Any person may enter the library and make use of its books, magazines, audio visual items and microfilm materials in the building without borrowing privileges, subject to the Public Behavior Policy.
- Registration Requirements
- All other borrowers age 17 and under must have the prescribed registration form signed by a parent or legal guardian at the library, with the parent/guardian showing proof of identity and current address. Parent/guardian may grant permission for R-rated video privileges. A parent or guardian’s signature is also required to reactivate a juvenile’s Internet privileges after they have been suspended. The library staff is authorized to request validation of parental or guardian relationship.
- All other borrowers must complete the prescribed application form and provide proof of identity and address according to Evergreen requirements.
- In the event of the loss of both Evergreen cards, a replacement set of cards with a new borrower’s number will be issued at the Evergreen Indiana prescribed cost. Replacements can be requested only by the cardholder or, in the case of a minor, the parent/guardian.
- Overdue Materials
A borrower who retains materials over the stipulated loan term is subject to a fine. A patron who has been notified of overdue materials may not be permitted to borrow additional materials until the overdue materials are returned and the fines paid, according to Evergreen policy.
- Long Overdue Items with Fees
The library reserves the right to adjust the fees related to unreturned or lost materials on a case by case basis.
- Damaged or Lost Materials
- Fees may be charged to mend modestly damaged materials so they can again circulate.
- A borrower may be charged the purchase price plus the processing fee for materials lost or irreparably damaged.
- A borrower may be charged the purchase price, processing fee and any outstanding overdue fines for materials lost or irreparably damaged.
- A patron who has been notified of such charges may not be permitted to borrow additional materials until the charges are paid according to Evergreen policy.
- Circumventing Restrictions
Another family member’s card may not be used to circumvent using a card that is temporarily invalid due to fines, fees, and/or overdue materials.
- Quantity Restrictions
The library generally adheres to the quantity restrictions established by the Evergreen Indiana Consortium.
The library adheres to the protocol and restrictions established by the Evergreen Indiana Consortium.